Blog Post #26 - Summer Holiday blog #1

After arriving at Manchester airport on the 1st July, I found my way to Northumberland where I will be staying with some family friends for two weeks where I will be taking driving lessons to hopefully pass my driving test on the 11th July so that I can get a UAE licence when I turn 18. Whilst I have been in Northumberland I will be spending the majority of my time completing the majority of my homework during the day so that I can have the afternoons free to relax outside with the friends I am staying with as well as watching movies and talking to friends who are all in different countries. Being in a place I have only been once before, which was a few months ago, is quite hard for me because I don’t know anyone except for the family friends, so I can’t go out with anyone different or go anywhere without them because I don’t know where anything is.

Having been driving around, I am getting to know the area around me, although I have mainly been driving in an area called Blythe, which is a local town with the closest DVLA test centre for me to take my driving test, but recently I have had to change my driving test from the 12th July to the 11th July because my instructor was unavailable to attend which meant that I had to change the test centre 

I would be taking my test. As of now, I will be taking my test on the 11th July at Gosforth test centre, which is not too far from where I am staying. I will update you at a later date as to whether I pass my driving test or not, but at this moment in time it is looking very positive in the way that I am confident in my driving and my instructor is regularly being impressed by manoeuvres I am completing. 

Having taken my test, unfortunately, I did not pass first time due to making a minor error which was me missing a change in speed limit due to being in a school zone. The examiner said I was doing 30mph in an area with a 20mph speed limit which was considered a major fault, therefore resulting in a fail. Otherwise, the rest of my test was very strong and I had very few minor faults which were a result of a lack of driving experience in the area I was taking my test, as I now from this area. 

I am currently looking at how I can rearrange the rest of my travels so that I can retake my test which will result in me getting my UAE driving license when I turn 18 years old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1 - About Me

Blog Post #13 - Speaking in Tongues Blog Post

Blog Post #31 - TATD - Said Passage Analysis