Blog Post #6 - Fictional Interview

Little Mix
[THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MADE FOR AN ONGOING ENGLISH PROJECT. THE INTERVIEW HAS BEEN MANUFACTURED, BUT INCLUDES REAL INFORMATION ABOUT THEIR PAST AND WHAT IMPACT THEY WANT THEIR MUSIC TO HAVE!]

Interviewer: This girl group were the first group, let alone the first girl group to ever to win in the X Factor, and were the first to make it past week seven in the X Factor live shows and in 2014 the girl group teamed up with BeatBullying, one of the biggest anti-bullying organisations in Europe. So why did you “Little Mix” first decide to go into the music industry?

Perrie Edwards: Growing up, both my parents were singers in an unsigned band called Alexander’s Palace. Although my parents were both singers, I never had any ambitions to become a singer. Although I did a few school shows, I always thought I was just a normal singer and always stayed at the back. Before entering the X Factor, I was planning on starting a performing arts degree, although I did a few school shows. I never really planned on going into the music industry so I was

Jade Thirlwall: I grew up in South Shields, Tyne and Wear, where I was close friends with X Factor season 6 winner Joe McElderry, who was also from South Shields. I began singing at the age of 3 until I was 15. Even from a young age, people who heard me sing said I had a strong voice, which led me to join a Performers' Stage School in South Shields, Tyne & Wear. When I was 13 I was asked to sing in my school’s assembly and joined the choir. When I turned 16, I would perform in local pubs and clubs, and sometimes my mum would invite Joe to sing with me. Joe and I would appear at festivals and charity gigs together.

Perrie Edwards: Now that I am in the music industry, I want to make music that will help the modern day society understand how I feel and how people around the world feel whether that person feels good or bad. Within society we all feel pressured to live up to expectations, by fitting into groups and to take on the stereotypes of groups. I want to let the people know through my music that they can be who they want to be, without feeling bad about it.

Interview: How do you feel you could help society and people dealing with everyday problems?

Leigh-Anne Pinnock: From the groups first song “change your life” I feel that we can help young girls and women feel that they can stand up to the guys, purely because our songs like DNA and salute have been written with the themes of girl power, perseverance and self-empowerment in mind. I feel that it is good to write songs about woman empowerment, but we will never disinclude the boys as they can go through the same kind of struggles as women, although it they won’t publicized it as much, even though it is a fact that more men get abused than women.

Perrie Edwards: I feel that by using our past experiences and feelings, we can help people by writing new songs to reach out to more people, who can relate to and understand how we feel. As we are real people going through real things

Leigh-Anne Pinnock: Exactly, by using our experience and feelings, we can communicate with more people and tell them that they are not alone, and that other people have and do feel this way every day.

Jesy Nelson: Having this type of connection with both our fans and people in general may help people gain some comfort away from their life if they are struggling or feeling discomfort in their community

Jade Thirlwall: Another point is how the music we write brings people who would probably never socialize together. Our fans have quickly become friends with one another in the past 5. Although they sometimes fight between their individual groups, in the end they still support one another.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock: In our first song “Change Your Life” we’ve basically told the people listening, that they should always go for their dreams and never let ANYONE bring you down.

Interviewer: Your music has and will have such an impact on many people all around the world, and we are glad to have had you with us today. Thank you.

Comments

  1. This fictional interview is quite interesting, going into the topic and theme of women empowerment. I agree on how this group can be an example of artists making an impact on a community. However, the background of the singers is a little unnecessary and derails a bit from the theme. To better achieve the expectations of criteria B, you can keep the content more on topic and also have more of an analysis on how the songs themselves connects with your theme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1 - About Me

Blog Post #13 - Speaking in Tongues Blog Post

Blog Post #31 - TATD - Said Passage Analysis